Free Business Networking for Writers, Agents, Editors and other Professionals

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Blogging On The Road

Hello All,

If you've been keeping up with the blog, you know that I am currently visiting my family. I live in West Virginia near Charleston, the state capital. The area is beautiful and very interesting, an eclectic mixture of buildings from the century past mixed with current industry and architecture. All of this is nestled in the Kanawha Valley amidst towering, lushly forested mountains. There seems to always be something around every corner and curve in the road worth slowing down for a closer look.

However, I grew up in Upper East Tennessee, right in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and that is where my heart will always be. It is hard to express how happy I am to be back for a visit. Whether I am walking along in Historic Downtown Jonesborough (stopping in at the old-fashioned Ice-Cream Parlor, of course) or popping over to the Hyperlink Cafe in Johnson City (where I am at this very moment!), this area is truly the best mix of old an new. To top it off, the Johnson City/Jonesborough area has everything that a big city, like Atlanta, has to offer while retaining the "ye olde-tyme" charm of country living, with acres upon acres of farm-land within only a 10 or 15 minute radius of the hustle-N'-bustle!

Wide-open countryside, fresh air, and a relaxed style of living along with the convenience of a progressive "big city" makes this area unique - the best of both worlds! No matter where our careers may take us in this world, Upper East Tennessee is where my husband and I will end up. I just hope we don't have to wait until retirement to make that happen.

Watch for more writing articles and resources in a few days when I arrive home in West Virginia. Until then, I hope you enjoyed these thoughts about my childhood home.

Cheers!

2 comment(s):

I certainly did.

By Blogger easywriter, at 11:04 AM  

Thanks! Hugs, EW!

By Blogger klynn, at 8:30 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home